The 12 Days of Christmas!
Posted on December 19, 2013
In the spirit of holiday I thought I would add a list of the 12 “wants of a leader” for Christmas.
1. The first want of a leader is Integrity: To remember that leadership is characterized by honesty, truthfulness and straight dealing with every person, under all circumstances.
2. The second want of a leader is Courage: The ability to make decisions and act boldly in the face of setbacks and adversity.
3. The third want of a leader is Realism: The ability to deal with the world as it is, not how I wish it would be.
4. The fourth want of a leader is Power: The ability to use what ever power trusted to me effectively and wisely.
5. The fifth want of a leader is Ambition: The desire to lead; to have a clear vision of a better future.
6. The sixth want of a leader is Optimism: To have confidence that all difficulties can be overcome and all goals can be attained.
7. The seventh want of a leader is Empathy: To be sensitive and aware of the needs, feelings and motivations of my team.
8. The eighth want of a leader is Resilience: The ability to bounce back from the inevitable setbacks, disappointments and temporary failures experienced in the attainment of any worthwhile goal.
9. The ninth want of a leader is Independence: The ability to know who I am, what I believe in and to be able to think for myself.
10. The tenth want of a leader is Emotional Maturity: The ability to remain calm, cool and controlled in the face of problems, difficulties and adversity.
11. The eleventh want of a leader is Excellence: To be committed to excellent performance of the task and to continuous improvement.
12. The twelfth want of a leader is Foresight: To have the ability to predict and anticipate the future.